Have you ever heard of a JPG to PDF converting application before? Yes, these kinds of applications and services are highly recommended when you want to make any images, notes, notes or photos into a document. A converter service can be a practical solution if you often create documents and then share them online, especially when studying and working from home like today.
Why Do You Need to Convert JPG Images to PDF Documents?
Surely you already know that the document format is not just DOC or DOCX, right? Yes, one of the most widely used document formats today is PDF (Portable Document Format). This document file format is commonly used in e-books (electronic books) aka digital books. But lately, more and more people are using convert JPG to PDF services to create their documents.
Converting from an image file with a JPG extension to a PDF document is usually due to save bandwidth or storage quota. In addition, the use of this portable document format is also to ensure that the contents of the document can be viewed properly, avoiding misreading by the reader application. Another goal, is to make files neater, easier to manage, which is then widely used in the world of work and education.
Regardless of your reasons for converting images into PDF documents, basically, the options for methods that you can consider are now increasingly diverse. In the past, to do this conversion you had to use an application installed on the computer. But now, you have another option, namely using a smartphone, android or iOS, either by installing the application (offline) or not (offline). You can also choose which option suits your needs and usage preferences.
Well, if you also want to create a PDF from an image or photo with a JPG file format, you can try the options described below.
Convert JPG to PDF by Installing Application on Computer or Laptop
Of course, we start from the conventional method that has been used for the past few years, namely by using an application installed on a computer or laptop. Document manager applications, usually come with conversion features, and one of them is converting images to PDF. How to use the features of the applications described below are not much different from each other.
After downloading the application at foxitsoftware.com and installing it, please open Foxit Reader
- Find the conversion icon then select the file (JPG) you want to convert
- Right-click on the JPG file and then click Convert to PDF in Foxit Reader
- Wait for the process to run then click on Click Here to access the converted file
- Click Save to save the file as PDF
- Nitro Reader
Please install Nitro Reader at https://www.gonitro.com/pdf-reader
- Find the file (JPG) you want to convert to PDF, it can be multiple JPGs at once in Windows File Explorer
- Right-click on the selection you made then click Print
- In the Print dialog box, select the printer to Nitro PDF Creator and then click Print
- Add a new name to the PDF file to be created then click Save
- Microsoft Word
Surely your computer has this one office application installed, right? You just open the application, then
- Go to the Insert tab and then click the Pictures icon in the Illustration section.
- Find the JPG file from the File Explorer window
- Double click on the file
- You can adjust the size and layout of the page in advance as a DOC format
- Click File in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- Click Export then select Create PDF/XPS Document on the Create PDF/XPS Document menu
- Select a location to save the new document (PDF), along with the title (File Name) as well
- Click Save as type PDF then click Publish
Well, in addition to the three image to PDF document converter applications above, you can also try using other applications such as JPG to PDF Converter, PhotoShop or even the Windows 10 built-in Photos application. But what if you can’t access your computer? Relax, you probably have a tiny computer in your pocket or purse. Yes, use a smartphone.
Convert JPG to PDF by Installing the App on Smartphone
Yes, smartphones are starting to replace computer functions in various aspects, not least for converting images. Even the features you need are already available without the need to install anything. That is by taking advantage of the print feature that is provided by default in the operating system.
Try opening the gallery application on Android or iPhone and then opening the image (JPG) that you want to convert into a PDF. After that, open the menu or options and click Print (the printer icon) then adjust the paper size or other elements to suit your needs. After that, click the triangle in the Select Printer section to display the Save as PDF option. It’s easy isn’t it?
But what if you have a lot of images that you want to turn into a PDF? This is why you can consider installing applications like Microsoft Office, Google Docs, WPS Office and so on. Especially if you often do this kind of conversion task. This time, you can see how to do the conversion through the Microsoft Office application
- Download and install Microsoft Office to your smartphone then open the application
- Select the Action menu at the bottom of the application view
- In the Action list that appears, click Image to PDF
- Find the image file you want to convert. To select multiple at once, press and hold the first image. After that, you can click to the next image
- When finished selecting, click the red arrow button at the bottom right of the application display
- You can customize your PDF beforehand, for example inserting another image, applying filters, cropping the size and so on
- After you think it’s appropriate, click the Done button in the bottom corner
- You can change the PDF title by clicking on the menu (3 dots icon at the top right) then clicking Rename
For other similar applications, how to use the conversion feature may not be much different from the procedure applied to Microsoft Office above. You just need to follow the instructions as displayed by the application of your choice. The advantage of using this kind of JPG to PDF convert is that it can be used offline any time you need it.
Convert JPG to PDF without Installing an App
Well, different preferences can also be shared by people who are reluctant to install applications to their devices. Whether due to limited device specifications or wanting a clean system, not a few people rarely do this kind of image to PDF conversion. Well, if you are someone like them, you can consider the following third option.
This third option can be said as a way to convert JPG to PDF online or without installing additional applications other than a browser. Actually you still use the help of the application, it’s just that the application is in the web application version, aka you don’t need to install it on a laptop or smartphone device. So now open a browser application like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera or any other browser that is on your device.
Online image to PDF conversion services that you can try include:
- Copy https://smallpdf.com/jpg-to-pdf and paste it into the address bar (address field or search bar)
- Click Choose File then find the image you want to change (you can also drag-and-drop)
- Wait for the image upload process
- If there is more than 1 image, you can repeat step no 2 above
- Once done, click Create PDF now
- When the process is complete, please download the PDF
- Copy http://www.ilovepdf.com/jpg_to_pdf and paste it into the address bar
- Upload the image you want to convert by clicking Select JPG Images
- After that, click Convert to PDF
- When you’re done, download or save the PDF to a storage or cloud storage like Google Drive or DropBox
- Open the URL https://foxyutils.com/jpgtopdf/ in the address bar
- Click Browse to find the image file on your laptop or smartphone storage
- After the image is uploaded, click JPG to PDF
- Wait for the process to finish then click download PDF
Also read: How to Edit PDF
The final word
It’s easy, aren’t there various ways you can try to convert JPG to PDF described above? Now, you can also be more flexible in creating PDF documents according to your preferences. Due to the increasingly widespread use of PDF-formatted documents, you don’t have to worry about not being able to keep up with the developments in the world of work and academics.